1. Immigrant welfare use is high.
2. The public charge law is rarely enforced.
3. Any receipt of means-tested anti-poverty benefits by immigrants or their dependents should count toward the public charge determination.
4. Immigrants without at least some college should bear a heavy burden in proving they will not become public charges. Having a job is not enough.
5. Case-by-case discretionary power should be limited.Please read the whole thing for the details. The comment period is open until December 10.
Also, please enjoy this video of me talking about the problem of immigrant welfare use.
Post a Comment